The Martyrs' Cry: How Long?
Small Group Study Questions
1. What struck you as most important or most prominent in today’s sermon? Can you summarize it?
2. Explain the “big picture” of the whole Bible in terms of creation, fall, and redemption? Where does Revelation fit into this “big picture”?
3. For what reason were the martyrs (verse 9) slain? How does this help us to understand the true nature of persecution and, generally speaking, the reasons for it?
4. What do we learn about suffering, martyrdom, and even the state of heaven in verses 9-11?
5. Compare verses 12-13 with Mark 13 (especially verses 24-27).
- Is Jesus’ message in Mark similar to that in Revelation 6? If so, how?
- How does/should Mark 13 inform our reading of Revelation 6?
6. Consider Matthew 5:10-16.
- Is there a connection between persecution and witness? If so, what is it?
- Is it possible to be a “secret” Christian? Why or why not?